Why isn’t My Visa Prepaid Card Working?
Do you have a Visa prepaid card and it isn’t working? If so, you’re not alone. Many Visa prepaid card holders run into this issue when trying to make a purchase.
One of the most common reasons a Visa prepaid card won’t work is technical issues. Here are a few different technical problems that might render your prepaid card unusable:
- The card number was entered incorrectly. This can happen if the card number was miskeyed when entering it into an online checkout form or even when swiping the card. Double-check the card number if you encounter this issue.
- The card is expired. If the card you are using is expired, it won’t be accepted as payment. Check the date on your Visa prepaid card and if it is expired, try using another card.
- There were insufficient funds. Insufficient funds can be an issue if you are trying to use the card with an insufficient amount of money in it.
- The card was blocked or declined. Your bank may have put a block or declined the card if you are attempting to make an online purchase from a merchant that is out of your country.
Other Reasons for Unsuccessful Payment
In addition to technical issues, there are a few other reasons why your Visa prepaid card may not be working:
- The merchant doesn’t accept prepaid cards. Not all merchants, both online and in stores, accept prepaid cards. Call the merchant directly to find out if they accept this form of payment.
- The merchant is over the daily limit. Some merchants may have a daily purchase limit for Visa prepaid cards. Make sure you’re not exceeding this limit.
- The merchant requires additional information. Oftentimes, merchants may require additional payment information from the customer, such as an address, phone number, or zip code. Make sure you are providing all necessary information when trying to make the purchase.
If none of these reasons apply and your prepaid Visa card is still not working, contact the customer service team of your bank directly. They may be able to finding a solution.